Friday, September 5, 2014

Walking in Ancient Castles


Ethiopia is full of mysterious places like the rock churches and royal palaces, they are very old and cool. The Palaces are made with rocks and limestone, they are still standing proud looking over the mountains and cities. Just outside of Gonder there is a Castle that is very old, it is so old I don’t know how old it is or when it was made. I love the rock buildings and how they are made, they are so big and grand, I feel like it isn’t real, like I am in a story and in the castle. In Gonder there is a family of Castle’s started by king Fasiladas, it is the oldest and most impressive castle. It is 32 meters tall and has four domed towers which the guards stay in and guard the castle. Fasiladas had a son Yohannes and Yohannes had Iyasu. Iyasu was known to be the greatest ruler of the Gonderine period, it was from 1682-1706. Iyasu had a greater and more beautiful Castle than Solomon’s house, although in 1704 an earthquake and the British bombing in 1940’s have wrecked the roof so now there is no roof on Iyasu’s palace.

                Getting to go to Ethiopia is the best thing that happened to me, I love going on adventures and seeing how my history happened. I am glad I got to go and see all the castles and churches. As I walk through the castle’s I was amazed at how they stand and look after all these years, they have been restored a little and some of the Castles have trees coming out of the stones on the castle walls. I love how the roots go in the wall and on the other side too, God made some cool trees, how he designed them. I wish I was there to see the castle’s be built and prepared for the kings and his family, servants, cooks and horses. I like how they have lion houses and entertainment rooms, I wish I could see all the people there and be a part of the party!

By Tenesae

No comments:

Post a Comment