Monday, April 21, 2014

Ramblings on Life from the Bennik Boys


Hi I am Kai and I love living in Ethiopia, but I don’t like that everyone calls me baby and lots of people try to kiss me, that makes me grumpy sometimes. In the morning I wake up and feed Boo injera. Boo is my dog. I like to eat pancakes with honey but Mommy and Daddy only make them sometimes, other mornings we eat oatmeal. I like to go to Mulgeta’s house and play with his boys, I have lots of fun. At his house we get to eat peanuts and peanut butter, they have lots and lots of peanuts and the yummiest peanut butter.

Malcomso is our friend who lives by us, he gives me Kolo for a snack and I put it in my pockets to share with Boo. I like to play lego and soccer with my friends.

Every day I ask mommy for lots of snacks, sometimes I eat Kolo, popcorn or banana’s. In the afternoon I like to run to the injera lady so that we can eat shiro for dinner, I always say “yummy, more, more!” But then I eat too much and my tummy hurts.

Everyday I play with Boo, but I miss Benji and Zoe, and I really miss fishy crackers. Bye!

 
Hi from Micah
Hope everyone in Canada is having a great time, I miss you all very much. I live in Ethiopia now, this is where I was born. Every day I get to eat Ethiopian food, it tastes so good, but I did ask Mommy if she could make macaroni for my birthday. Did you know they make good peanut butter here, our friend Mulgeta’s wife makes the best and one day they gave us a jar, I snuck the jar of peanut butter and ate most of it by myself under the bed, but then I got in trouble.

I have a new friend, Malcomso, that I like to play lego with everyday and he helps teach me some Amharic. Did you know there are palm trees, mango trees, banana trees, and coffee trees here. One day I had coffee too, but my mom has coffee all the time and I like to help crush the beans. I would like to say remember God loves you, I am going swimming now.

Love Micah

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment