Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Food in Ethiopia Tastes Better!


 

The food here in Ethiopia is so worth to die for. Well not actually die, but you know what I am talking about. The good mango’s that we have eaten just melt in your mouth. If you think you have gotten a fruit in Canada that tastes fresh, I don’t think so. Once mom told me that when she came back from Nigeria all the fruit in Canada tasted horrible, now I totally believe her. Some day’s everyone asks mom for a snack, we usually eat the sweetest tasting bananas or kolo. Kolo is a mixture of dried chickpeas, peanuts and barley, I mostly like the chickpeas. The boys eat so much here I think they are going to come home looking like pumped up balloons. Micah finally started eating bananas sometimes covered in peanut butter. We get fresh made peanut butter from a lady on our street and it is the best. We went to a birthday party here and it was so fun. We heard that Ethiopian’s don’t like sweets, but they sure do at parties and they put two or three teaspoons of sugar in their little cups of coffee. Mom thinks it is too sweet when they put all that sugar in. I even got to try some coffee at a coffee ceremony, it was so good. We go to a lady down the road to get our take-out food instead of Wendy’s or Tim Hortons, and we get injera and shiro when mom doesn’t want to cook. Shiro is all of our favorites and Kai eats the most of it. Zariah just likes to eat the injera. Bye I’m going to eat some good food!

Ayrian

                                                                                                                                                                                              

3 comments:

  1. Ayrian,

    You are making us hungry and wishing we could have all that fresh fruit! I bet Owen would love it there. He is our biggest fruit eater!

    Love Auntie Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ayrian, I agree with you when you say Ethiopian food is so to die for, the fruits and the Ethiopian food sound so good, you are making me hungry! Kolo sounds good but I don't remember having it when I was in Ethiopia. Shiro is also one of my favourite Ethiopian foods. Have you had coffee a lot? Good bye for now.

    love Kalkidan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ayrian,
    I can't wait to try the food! You make it sound better than here. When I was in Ethiopia I used to drink coffee with lots of sugar and milk whenever my birth mom held a coffee ceremony or we went to one. Maybe that is why I am short, because coffee makes you short. Our entire family loves shiro too, but I think Jaedyn loves it most because whenever mommy makes Ethiopian food Jaedyn always goes either for the shiro or miser. I really miss you, (and your family of course) and I am looking forward to seeing you guys in Ethiopia. Write back soon!

    Mekfira

    ReplyDelete