Sunday, August 3, 2014

I Love My Bed


By Tenesae

When we made a fort all the kids thought we could sleep in it.  But when it was night time and when we got our P.Js on we were so excited about sleeping on the floor in the fort, on second thought it was horrible I slept on the floor with blankets and pillows.  To tell you the truth I didn’t sleep at all, I stayed up until 11:00 and then I went up to my bed, I could not handle it.  I feel terrible for family’s that don’t have bed or just have flimsy beds, no sheets or blankets.  Most of the time boys sleep on the hard dirty floors and the girls and mom sleep on the flimsy bed.  I am so glad I was adopted and brought into this family, I am so glad to have a bed and a warm house.  I couldn’t imagine sleeping without pillows and blankets or even a sheet. I am so spoiled and so blessed to have a bed, food, nice cloths to ware and a loving family that take good care of me. I pray that God will help the family’s provide what they need and what is good for them. Ayrian & Mom were telling me about a mom and four kids, she has a very small house and nothing at all, she only has a flimsy bed and a burner. I hope I can some day help with the people that need beds and blankets. I have learnt to be patient and trust what God has for me and my family. I try to make new friends and make them feel like I am a good friend. At Church it is so powerful to see people praise and dance even in the kids program it is powerful. God is so powerful and great. I feel closer to God. I guess people don’t need things to make them happy or satisfied, I pray that all people would be happy with what they have.

Thoughts from Ayrian

One day all my siblings where making a fort in our room. It had a sheet roof and one separating it into a side for girls and boys. My mom was going to devotions and she asked me if I wanted to come, so obviously I said yes. So we waited at the guesthouse, after one of the social workers was going on a home visit and asked if we wanted to go. Another girl came with us too. When we got to the house it was freezing out and I was even wearing pants and a jacket. When we turned the corner I saw a baby crawling around with no pants or even a diaper on, only a T-shirt. The house was so small. When I saw the mom I noticed she had another baby on her back with a small sweater on and no diaper or pants. The babies were twin girls. My mom asked why the twins had no diapers or clothes on and the mom said that they pee in their pants and laundry soap is too much money for her to always be buying it.  When they were sleeping the mom took some sacks and put the babies on it.  The mom had a little mattress, but she doesn’t like the twins sleeping on the bed because they pee too much so they have to sleep on the floor.  When I got home all the kids begged my parents if we could sleep in the tent me and my sister only lasted 20 minutes then we went back in our beds Micah and Kai lasted till 2:00 in the morning then they went to the couch.  I am so thankful that I have a soft bed to sleep in instead of the hard floor even, with a blanket, and that we are so spoiled in North America.  It makes me sad to hear people’s stories.  I’ve learnt that we should have gladness in everything that you have and it is better to have less then more.  More only brings focus to yourself not others.  The next day was freezing when I was sitting on the couch in the warm house, I still was freezing sitting there, I was thinking of the twins sitting in their house freezing cold with no pants on.  The mom and the babies have to go get water every day and they walk for a long time.  Their house is right on the edge of the mountain and the get hyenas all the time in their yards, I hope they never have to go outside at night.  Mom cried, I felt like crying, but it is not good to cry in Ethiopia.  If I had the money I would like to buy stuff for them, like a big piece of plastic to help protect the mattress and some diapers.          

No comments:

Post a Comment